Saturday, February 9, 2008

life goals

Some people's goal in life is to make a lot of money, become a CEO, and maybe even a billionaire (because you know, $1 million isn't enough now a days). I think that is sad. We are way to materialistic these days. I always end up watching these shows on VH1, you know with that british guy as the narrator, about the worlds richest heiress's or something about these stuck up brats with so much money they don't even know what to do with it...oh, except for spending it all on clothes they only wear once because god forbid you're seen wearing something twice! or having these lavish vacations on yacht after yacht and not even get off to stop in the ports because they're too good to mingle with the locals. adlkjghakdfhga. it just bothers me. these people could be doing so many more things with their money, and if they hadn't been spoiled all their lives they could possibly see that. (end rant...now onto my main point)

if i had the opportunity to win the lottery or inherit say a million dollars the last thing on my mind would be to go on a shopping spree (ok, that may be a lie, maybe just a $1,000 spree) but i would donate a good portion of that money to multiple charities, like Make a Wish Foundation or the World Food Programme. I really have three main goals in life-- To help people in any way that I can, to work for a company that allows me to do that and that I look forward to going to work every day, and to travel the world. Now, because of my career choice/goal, i doubt i will be making very much money, which might hinder my ability to reach my third goal, but i am determined to do it one way or another.

How? Well...I dont know. But i want to. I got this cal
endar for Christmas that has the 100 places you need to visit before you die. I want to go to every single one of those places. The Smithsonian Magazine also write an article on their website about the 28 top places to go..they call it their "Life List." A lot of my top choices are on there like: The Taj Mahal, the Pyramids of Giza, the Great Wall of China, and see the Aurora Borealis


If I posted all the pictures of where I want to go, w
ell, you'd be looking at pictures for a pretty long time. But if I could just take like 2 years off and just travel the world, I would be so happy. Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. I love experiencing different cultures and just seeing natural beautiful landscapes. I think that is why I love Sweden and California so much and why some days I get these feelings that I just have to leave North Carolina to go to Lake Tahoe or Ă…land for a day. I think it is important for everyone in this world, especially the US to just get out of their state and country and just travel somewhere completely foreign to them because it is one of the most amazing experiences. ever.

No comments: